Barefoot Chardonnay Chicken Pizza
Makes: 2 medium pizzas
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 chicken breast cutlets
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon granulated onion
½ teaspoon paprika
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 small shallot, minced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup Barefoot Wine Chardonnay
1½ cups Whole Milk
2 prepared pizza dough
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded fontina cheese
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
1. Place the chicken in a small bowl, and season with ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, granulated garlic, onion and paprika. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place the seasoned chicken in the hot skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until brown. Flip chicken and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest. Slice, once cooled.
2. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and return to heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and throw in the baby spinach leaves. Sauté until wilted, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. To make white wine sauce, Heat a saucepot over medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Sauté the minced shallot and smashed garlic cloves until the shallots have softened and the garlic has slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the garlic to a plate and set aside. Add the flour, stir and cook for a few seconds. Slowly stream in the Chardonnay, while you continue to whisk. Cook down for about 5 minutes. Stir in the whole milk and whisk until it bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add ¼ cup grated parmesan and whisk once more.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Roll out both pizza dough into large thin circles, placing them on separate pizza pans or baking sheets. Divide the sauce between the two and spread evenly. Top each with shredded mozzarella, fontina and grated parmesan cheese, dividing each between both pizzas. Top with sliced chicken, sautéed spinach and that reserved garlic from earlier (chop it a bit before adding it to the pizzas).
5. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and crispy and the top is bubbly and melted. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving. Serve with a tossed green salad and Barefoot Wine Chardonnay. Enjoy!